Howdy all! Sorry for the hiatus…just looking at my last post, it’s been 4 months since I posted anything. I suppose that gets pretty close to a closed blog. 🙂
Anyway, things have been extremely busy here with multiple major projects from migrating our website, launching WorldCat Local and lots and lots of experiments with Campus Guides, Drupal, SharePoint and beyond.
But I wanted to let everyone know that I published our Library IT Project Management Application on Zoho yesterday, making it free to the library community, and anyone else out there.
The application is available in the Zoho Marketplace for free!
This ticketing application was developed by my Web Services Team for project management. The application has the following features:
- Task Request form for external teams to submit to Library IT
- Task Assignment for Library IT lead to assign to staff
- Views of tasks and projects by status
- Email to initiators throughout task life cycle as task status changes
- Request for review action to allow Library IT lead to review draft work before committing project to production.
- Rich reports and statistics on tasks
The application uses system-generated emails (like the emails received from task requesters and the Zoho administrator). So there’s no real configuration required. And there’s lots of ways you could develop this further…so have at it…and let me know how you like it!
PS: My presentation on this application, which includes more details on its functionality was given at Code4Lib Midwest 2012. You can view the presentation on my Selected Works site.